Thursday, March 02, 2006

Here We Go Again . . .

DISSED-HER CHRISTIAN: Michelle Williams' Oscar-nominated turn in Brokeback Mountain has earned her a failing grade from the Christian high school she attended. "We don't want to have anything to do with her in relation to that movie. Michelle doesn't represent the values of this institution," the Santa Fe Christian School headmaster tells the San Diego Union Tribune. "I hope we offered her something in life, but she made the kinds of choices of which we wouldn't approve. Brokeback Mountain promotes a lifestyle we don't promote. It's not the word of God." But selling M&Ms for $5 a box as a fundraiser, that's cool with Him. (TVGuide.Com – Entertainment News – 03/02/2006)

Here we go again!!! It’s amazing to me that alleged Christians continually pick and choose which Biblical passages to base their life on, rather than taking the Bible as a whole. Had the Sante Fe Christian School been following the passage that reads “thou shall not judge, less thou be judged” part, perhaps they would have kept their prejudicial views to themselves rather than JUDGING Michelle Williams for choosing a stand-out role in a ground-breaking film.

I know the world is imperfect. I know the world is full of ignorant people. I know that some people are never going to accept the fact that homosexuality is not a choice, but genetics. I know that alleged Christian groups are going to continually do everything in their power to oppress homosexuals, and their supporters. It is a sad fact of life that I can do little about, other than express my extreme distaste and disappointment in my personal blog. It will have to be enough.

I could pray for enlightenment for the allegedly ignorant, but I think that’s one prayer that’s not going to get answered. I could ask for acceptance from the allegedly Christian people out there; but again, I don’t think that is going to happen. Humanity seems to have an ingrained trait for oppression and degradation against those they feel are deviant or different. History is full of examples, dating back to the earliest days of human history, of this nasty, but indelible, trait within the souls of humanity. The prime example would be Hitler’s rampage against the Jews, but there are so many more examples out there, that it is not even funny. A good portion of humanity does not seem to learn from the past. It seems easier to repeat mistakes rather than find a way to fix them.

In the end, no matter what I write or say, the human trait of oppression, degradation, of alleged superiority, will not disappear. The alleged Christians will continue their promotion of hate and intolerance against homosexuals, and any who don’t fall within their religious parameters, no matter what I write or say. It is in their nature. They cannot escape the web of deceit they have woven for themselves, believing that their way is the only way! Now I will add that not all Christians follow this seemingly predetermined way of life. Many Christians accept people at face value and do not unnecessarily judge them. It is only those who allegedly follow a path of narrow-mindedness that seem stuck on the path of oppression and degradation; attempting to put the needs of the few, over the needs of the many. It is those Christians wherein my problem lies.

In a world where hope seems futile, I will continue to write this blog. In a world where the intelligent must stand against the ignorant, I will continue to write this blog. In face of the fading hope for acceptance of all, no matter their race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc., I will continue to write this blog; for one candle alone can hold back the darkness.

S

0 comments: